To create a goal, under the Goal tab, click on the icon on the top right of the screen. The form is displayed as per the illustrations below (mobile version):
Create a goal - Top of the screen
Create a goal - bottom of the screen
Follow the instructions to create a goal with a metric:
- Title: Give a title to your goal. The title is limited to 30 characters.
- Description: Describe what you want to achieve and how it will be measured. Tip: you can paste an URL link to a reference document stored in the cloud.
- Start and end date: Indicate a start and end date (completion due date).
- Categories: Enter one or multiple categories to classify your goal, any previously used will be suggested. Categories are useful to search for goals. Tip: Start typing the first characters of the category and Agily will suggest you existing categories. Select a category from the list or create your own categories. You can enter multiple categories. After each category, press 'enter'. See an example in the illustration below:
- Delegate: by default you are the person responsible to deliver the goal. You can delegate it to someone else. Click on the icon to remove the delegate name. Enter the name of the new delegate. Tip: on a smartphone press the icon. A new window is displayed:
Type the first characters of the name in the field (a) and Agily will suggest you existing users. Select the user (b).
If the name doesn't appear in the list, it means that the person is not yet an user of Agily. Save your goal andinvite your colleague to join Agily. Once they have signed up, you will be able to edit the goal and delegate it to them.
- Reporter: by default you are the person responsible to report the goal progress (update the metric values). You can delegate this activity to someone else. Tip: Follow the same process as for selecting a delegate.
- Additional viewers: you can give rights to view your goal to your team members, your manager, someone else contributing to your objectives.Tip: Follow the same process as for selecting a delegate.
- Everyone in your organisation: select this option if you want to invite everyone in your company to see your goal.
- Progress type: select 'Metric-based' to associate a goal with a performance metric, or 'Actions-based' for a goal composed of multiple actions.
For metric-based goals only:
- Metric unit: indicate the metric used to measure the progress. It will be displayed next to the graph. For instance: 'Unit', '£’000' or 'hours'.
- Frequency: choose the reporting frequency. For instance 'Daily', 'Weekly', 'Fortnightly',‘Monthly’ or 'Yearly'. The “None (One-off goal)” option is used when you do not need to monitor progress along multiple periods of time and you just want to update a progression percentage.
- Data supplier: you can provide reference to the source of the data, a report name for instance. Tip: you can paste an URL link to a document stored in the cloud.
- Thresholds (for bargraph colours): those selectors will allow you to customise the progression bar behaviour on the goal compact card. You can change the thresholds for the colour change by entering a different percentage. The switch allows you to select whether the higher is the better (a sales target for instance), or the lower is the better (a cost budget or a number of injuries for instance).
Before creating the goal, ensure that you have completed all the mandatory fields marked with a red asterisk.
Also make sure that you have chosen the right starting date and frequency as those fields cannot be modified once the goal is created.
When you are finished, click on the button “Create Goal” to create your goal.
If you choose an 'actions-based' goal, the form will be displayed as shown below: