Moving to a digital marketing automation solution requires a lot more than a simple software upgrade. The process was a deep transformation of the client and agency marketing function.
Analog Devices (ADI) is a leader in the design and manufacturing of analog integrated circuits. At the time, all B2B European demand generation - namely a dozen of demand generation campaigns sent each month in multiple languages to hundreds of engineers - was handled by its Cambridge-based agency headed by Virginie Vinel, ADI EMEA Key Account Director.
The Key Account Director took part in the workgroup reviewing and selecting the digital automation solution and assessed the impact on the team skills, roles, processes and system integration. This involved brainstorming with her agency team consisting of a Marketing Manager, Production Coordinator, Designer and Technical Director.
When Oracle Eloqua platform was selected, the following duties involved:
- road-mapping all aspects of the transformation for the next;
- identifying skill gaps and organising the team training;
- setting new goals and performance KPI for the team;
- documenting new operational best practices;
- re-defining roles and responsibilities between ADI USA HQ, ADI EMEA team and its agency team members;
- optimising the production process;
- designing a new campaign report format exploiting the additional data and benchmarks;
- monitoring the impact of the new digital solution and reporting to ADI HQ.
The transition took place over a few months and allowed the production of dynamically personalised marketing content; the delivery of marketing assets when ADI European prospects wanted or needed it rather than when we decided to press "SEND"; saving the agency team 20% on campaign scheduling and design time by adapting existing workflows. This allowed the team to spend more time delivering data insights to design even more effective campaigns; for the first time, integrating social media marketing in the demand generation mix; coming top of the list in various benchmarks of ADI EMEA demand generation campaigns' ROI with other regions and finally, setting global marketing automation best practices.